Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Royal Park Hotel

Charlie and I were "gifted" to have a free night at the Royal Park Hotel in Rochester, MI. We dropped Owen off at Auntie Julie's house, so he had lots of fun there too. He even got to make his own pizza...Rolling out the dough and everything! :)
Meanwhile, Charlie and I had some plans of our own. First we went to dine at the "Golden Eagle." I had tenderloin tips with mushrooms, dipped in a delicious mario sauce, and sided with rice and grapes. Charlie had shrimp and steak. We both LOVED our meals. Then, we went out to see "Slumdog Millionaire." It was a must see movie, that I would recommend to anyone else.
We decided to have breakfast brought up to us in our room. I was so delighted, that I forgot to take a photo until we were basically done eating. lol. There was a basket of about 5 pastries, hot cocoa, a plate of fresh fruit, bacon, and cranberry sauce. Charlie ate some hot oatmeal, with sides of raisons, brown sugar, and hot milk. He also had orange juice, and a side of sausage. It was delicious. Our server, Sarah, was very sweet.
Then we headed downtown for some shopping. First we stopped at "Bags and beads." They were having a clearance, plus a bogo free sale. It was great! I got a bag, and a flower bracelet. The wind was whipping around about this time, and it was very cold. But, we decided to walk down to the "Give Thanks Bakery & Cafe." They make bread from scratch, using old French techniques. Delicious. I got a cuppachino, and then bought two loaves of bread that we are still enjoying now. Asagio/Garlic, and French Sourdough. YUMMO!
Then we went to "Papa Joes." It's a huge gourmet grocery store. I treated myself to a wine, cheese, and lemon curd binge....to enjoy at home. Daddy got some meats, and a cookie, salted pecans, and some oranges and plums. Then I got a lunch "tide over" of marsala beef mushroom soup. Rich and thick, and delicious.
Then it was back to Julie's house to see our little boy again.
We really enjoyed ourselves.




2 comments:

Lisa said...

That sounds ilke a wonderful time. I am so glad you both were able to get away a little bit and have some relaxing time together. Hopefully you were able to reconnect to each other and just have a wonderful time. :)

TiaChica said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time.