Monday, May 18, 2009

INCH Convention

Here are some pictures of Jeannette Meyer, Lisa (my sister), and myself (Janet). We stayed at the Baymont Inn, for the INCH Convention. I think we all were very tired afterwards. But, we had perfect timing on getting there both days, and got right into lots of classes. My favorite class was called, "When Socialization IS an issue." The speaker had wonderful examples and ideas for increasing appropriate interaction between children and other people of all ages. And she had handouts, and resources listed, and links, etc. And she was very interesting to listen to. I went to all the classes I wanted to go to, and spent one class time in the booths. There I bought several books, easy workbooks for Science and Geography, and story paper, grid paper, etc. All the kinds of things you find at a teacher convention were there. I did happen to notice a couple of places I was familiar with. Great Lakes Christian College was there. Rock Lake Christian Assembly....where I saw a picture of a week of camp with Rich Mullins and Me....and my sibblings Julie, Tim, and Phillip. Cool. Then I went by a "Bible Bowl" table, where a lady recogized me. She knew my name, my birth order, and that we got 6th in the nation once. I believe she said she was the sponsor to the Algonac teams? Not sure. Anyway, then another lady who had a booth for books she made concerning character quality, recogized us too for Bible Bowl. Then, of course, the homeschool building has it's own booth. It's a small world after all.
Here we are, right after checking out of the hotel...

A kind man in the lobby took these for us...

Lisa, packing up her suitcase...

Lisa, eating breakfast....She had issues with the waffle maker....ask her about it sometime...lol

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Sounds like you had a good time! :) I don't even know your sister, but you have me itching to learn more about the waffle maker!!! ;) See you in a few weeks, hopefully! By the way, I like your new background on the blog!