Saturday, July 19, 2008

4 Year Appointment!

Here's Dr. Kruggel with Owen. She's such a wonderful pediatrician! She takes time to answer all my questions, and is really careful with all her observations, and Owen really likes her. He is 35lbs, which puts him in the 50% for weight. And he is 42" tall, which puts him at the 90% for height. YUP! YOU HEARD THAT RIGHT! WOW! I was shocked too. LOL. I guess that is good, though. He has a spot on his back, that looks like some of mine, but Dr. Kruggel was not concerned. Only if it gets fainter and looks like it is being absorbed into the skin. Or if it grows quicker and bigger than along with his normal growth.
Owen was such a trooper this trip, as he had to get 4 shots. OUCHY! But, I asked for two nurses, and they had me hold him with his arms crossed, and my legs crossed around his legs. I felt like I was straight jacketing him. :( They did 2 sets of 2 shots. But one came out half done due to him jerking (not on purpose.) So, she had to get another needle and give him the rest of that one. :( Owen cried really hard, but he knew it was for the better. And he actually said "Thank You," to the nurses. He got a sucker out of that one too. NO more shots until he is 12. By then, I think he'll be able to take it better. "Phew."

No comments: