Saturday, October 4, 2008

Painting....


Here goes...I'm working on a sunflower picture, in watercolor. Daddy took Owen out of the house for a while, and I was able to get quite a bit done. :) I'm donating it as a gift for the guest speaker of the "Out Came the Sun," March on October 25th. It's a March put on by "Mom's Bloom," an organization that is dedicated to educating people about Post Partum Depression. Volunteers visit with new moms and their families to help just take the edge off....like doing dishes, making a meal there, holding the baby, helping with nursing, sharing ideas with the family on how to help mom and baby, letting mom get a nap, bathing the baby, etc. I'll take another picture when I have it finished. But, at least I have a head start on it.
And the finished product in two different lightings...


And with requested changes to make the flower "pop" more...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Janet, that flower is really marvelous. It looks beautiful. You captured all of the little colors and nuances of it so well. Great job!

Maisy said...

Thanks, Lisa. :) I really enjoy the process of painting. It really takes me to another world, kind of like reading. I quickly lose track of time. :)