Saturday, April 4, 2009

Knitting Lesson #1 : A Pin Cushion

I remember learning a tiny bit to knit when I was a young girl. However, I never really took it up. But, today, I decided to take up the local library's invitation to learn how again. They meet on every other Saturday, and the other "every other" Friday. It all came back to me, and my first goal is making a pin cushion. Then, with the same easy stitches, I'll work on pot-holders, washclothes, blankets, scarves,etc. Some of the ladies there were making their own socks!!!! They looked so fine and not at all "homemade" looking. They even wore them there, so I know they fit inside the shoe for real. lol. It was just fun to sit and learn from these "seasoned" ladies. I quite enjoyed it.

1 comment:

TiaChica said...

I haven't knitted in a long time, but I never learned it properly either. Enjoy!