Saturday, September 27, 2008

West Michigan's Largest Mom's to Mom's Rummage Sale

Well, I survived the first rummage sale I've ever done by myself in my life! I did it at the Homeschool building, 15 minutes away from my house. I paid for two tables, but took a few card tables along, and got Charlie and my friend Charlotte to help! I couldn't have done it without them. We got there at 7am to set up, and the people came in packs at 9am when it opened. It tapered off around noon. But, the good news is that I made $929.66!!! WOW! Ya, that's what I said. Charlie isn't making me pay back the cost of the tables, so that is pure profit!!!! WOW! Now, there will be a few christmas presents for Owen, but mostly the money will go into the bank for his education! I have so many things still yet to sell, that I'm going to do this again in March, so that the spring/summer things will go.
So, I'd have to say it was a successful venture!







2 comments:

Julie said...

HOORAY! I think it was the little people that put you over the top! Phew!

Maisy said...

Ha, ha, ha. LOL. Well, every little bit did help. :)
I'm saving $60.00 of it to do the sale again in March.